Microsoft is introducing a major update to history feature in Microsoft Edge. First, Microsoft is rolling out support for syncing your browsing history and open tabs across devices. Second, Microsoft is introducing a new way to access history. This new history experience will help you quickly get back to the sites you’ve visited previously, including tabs you’ve recently closed or have open on other devices.
You can read about the new history experience below.
- The new history experience is designed to simplify this process by opening on top of the current webpage. From here, you can simply click through your history and watch as the page loads in the background. When you find the page you want, simply click anywhere outside of the history menu to close it.
- You’ll also find pivots for your recently closed tabs and tabs you have open on other devices. History will even remember which pivot you were on last for faster access next time.
- Microsoft has updated recently closed to remember the last 25 tabs and windows from any past session rather than just the previous one
- You can now add history to your toolbar right next to favorites and Collections for one-click access. Just open the history menu, click on the history menu button (), and select Show history button in toolbar.
- The new history menu also includes all your favorite features from the history page, and you can clear your browsing history via the history menu. If you’d prefer a more immersive view of your history, simply select Manage history in the history menu or type edge://history in your address bar.