Microsoft recently purchased Flipgrid, a video-based social learning to everyone. Flipgrid is used by millions of students, educators, and families in over 180 countries.
Flipgrid is the leading video discussion platform used by millions of PreK to PhD students, educators, and families around the world. Flipgrid brings the back row to the front and helps learners of all ages find their voices, share their voices, and respect the diverse voices of others.
Teachers spark discussion by posting topics and questions to a class, school, professional learning community, or the world. Students record, upload, view, react, and respond to each other’s short videos.
Flipgrid students build and strengthen social learning communities as they discuss their ideas and experiences with their peers. Flipgrid amplifies student voice and supports student development of global empathy as they immerse themselves in each other’s learning processes and perspectives. That’s what it’s all about!
Microsoft’s first move was to make the Flipgrid service free for all educators and student. Now Microsoft has pushed out a new update for the app on Windows, iOS and Android, taking it to version 7.
The changelog on Android reads:
- Accessing your Grids is now easier than ever with the new Grid Launch Pad! You can now get to your Grids without needing to enter a password every time!
- Grid, Topic, and Response UI has been completely updated–making easier to browse, create, and share!
- Plus so much more! Explore Flipgrid to experience all the awesome updates.
- The video recorder has been updated to make creating and sharing videos easier and more fun with new features like video trimming and add more.
- Have fun recording in multiple orientations that can be experienced by others with MyView!
The updated Flipgrid app can be found in the Stores here.
[appbox windowsstore 9nq07x4vjx2s]
[appbox googleplay com.vidku.app.flipgrid]
[appbox appstore id756972930]