Microsoft today released an update for the preview version of Remote Desktop app for Windows Phone 8.1 devices. This version 8.1.1 of the app contains many new features. Find the list below.
- You can now pin your frequently used Remote Desktops to your Start screen. After the desktop has been pinned, it will now be available on your Start screen with the appropriate display name (friendly name or PC name).
- It is now possible to use Word flow and predictive text to quickly type in the remote session.
- Whether it’s for privacy reasons or because you would like to see a more compact list of desktops, a new option under SETTINGS allows you to show or hide the desktop thumbnails.
- Remote Desktop Live Tiles now supports Transparent Live Tile support in WP8.1.
- Added the ability to pan the screen while dragging an item by either moving your finger to the edges of the screen in Mouse Pointer mode or using a second finger to interact with the pan knob in Touch mode
- Mouse Pointer mode now allows horizontal scrolling (2 fingers left-right) when connected to PCs running Windows 8.1. This is similar to the existing vertical scrolling (2 fingers up-down)
- Zooming and scrolling in Mouse Pointer mode has also been improved for a smoother experience
Microsoft has also improved the connection experiences in the app. And the team is looking forward to about your feature requests or questions in the Remote Desktop clients forum. Download it here from Windows Phone Store for free.