Microsoft released a new update for Outlook for Android and Outlook for iOS yesterday. Both of the updates introduces some good improvements to the app. The latest update turns the People section on the app onto an address book – for example, the app will now allow users to call someone from the app, send an email and it shows some other details as well. Additionally, if you’re an Office 365 or Exchange Server user, you can browse through your company’s full directory and search for people. It’s worth noting that you can search conference rooms and Groups on the apps as well. Here are the other improvements:
- Select all—You can now “select all” to perform bulk operations on messages in a folder (available on iOS, coming soon to Android).
- Undo of bulk actions—Undo now works on bulk operations like delete and archive.
- Empty trash/deleted items folders—You can now permanently delete items from your deleted items folder.
- Localization—Improvements to localization across our 30 languages.
- Accessibility—Improvements on the message list and compose screen.