Microsoft today updated their Next Lock Screen app for Android devices to v2.6. This is Next Lock Screen app’s biggest update yet. It adds support for fingerprint scanner and includes new features such as Smart Contact and Smart Lock. Find the full change log below.
1) Fingerprint Unlock (for devices with fingerprint scanner). While Next is on screen, use your fingerprint scanner to bypass the Next screen lock.2) Smart Contacts. Next learns and displays contacts whom you’ve called or texted.3) Smart Lock. Set rules for whether a passcode is needed when you’re at Home or Work.4) Location-based wallpapers are back. Different wallpapers for Auto/Home/Work.5) Bug fixes.
– Custom unlock: protect your phone with a PIN or pattern code. Fingerprint unlock is available on hardware-supported devices. Smart lock based on location (home and/or work).
– Notifications: view missed calls, text messages, and message notifications from apps like Facebook, Gmail and WhatsApp.
– People: easily call or text your favorite contacts from the lock screen.
– Apps: launch your favorite apps with our built-in app launcher.
– Tools: quick access to the Camera, Flashlight, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and more.
– Weather: check the local weather with automatic updates.
– Calendar: view your upcoming events, complete with time and location. Receive summaries on the meetings you have for today and tomorrow.
– Music player: control your favorite songs and playlists. Next supports the most popular music apps such as Spotify, Audible and Pandora.
– Wallpapers: choose your own image or from our gallery of photos. Select the Bing Wallpaper of the day to receive a beautiful new image on your screen every day.