Microsoft today released a new update for the Translator app for Windows. With the latest update, there doesn’t seem to be anything new – which means that the latest update is probably a minor update. Unfortunately though, as the latest update doesn’t come with a changelog, we can’t confirm if there’s anything new. Nonetheless, here’s the feature list of the Translator app:
- Text translation – Type and translate text into more than 45 languages.
- Camera translation – Translate signs, menus, newspapers, or any printed text with your device’s camera in an instant.
- Voice translation – Translate by speaking into your phone. Voice translation requires a network connection.
- Text to speech – Hear translations spoken with a native speaker’s accent. Text to speech requires a network connection.
- Offline translation – Translate when you are not connected to the Internet and when you want to avoid expensive data roaming charges, by using downloadable offline language packs.
- Word of the Day – Improve your vocabulary by pinning the Translator to your Start screen.
The latest update for Translator, version 2015.831.755.0 is now live on the Windows Store and you can grab it from here.