Microsoft today released a minor update for the Translator app for Windows Phone. The latest update, which takes the app to version 3.7, adds support for Camera Translation from Arabic, which is of course a very welcome feature for those travelling in the Middle East.
The Translator app offers:
- Text translation – Type and translate text into more than 45 languages.
- Camera translation – Translate signs, menus, newspapers, or any printed text with your device’s camera in an instant.
- Voice translation – Translate by speaking into your phone. Voice translation requires a network connection.
- Text to speech – Hear translations spoken with a native speaker’s accent. Text to speech requires a network connection.
- Offline translation – Translate when you are not connected to the Internet and when you want to avoid expensive data roaming charges, by using downloadable offline language packs.
- Word of the Day – Improve your vocabulary by pinning the Translator to your Start screen.
The latest update for Translator is now live on the Windows Store and you can grab it from here.