Microsoft releases December 2013 update for Surface Pro 2 devices with no.of improvements. Since its release, many Surface Pro 2 device owners faced problems with the update and resulted in poor battery life. Microsoft pulled the update and reported that they are working on a fix. Now, Microsoft Support team has confirmed that a new firmware update is coming to Surface Pro 2 owners on Jan 14th.
“Just got off a call with Surface support team and they confirmed that the new firmware will be released January 14th. Interesting the support team have been told by Microsoft that the botched December firmware only affected 3 in 1000 devices, needless to say I nearly fell off my chair when they said that!”
December 2013 update:
- Improved system stability, including when minimizing full screen games.
- Updated Wi-Fi driver for improved wireless display and connectivity with wireless access points.
- Improved Surface Cover interaction including power-saving sleep functionality.
- Color fidelity improvements for all applications.
- Optimized two-finger trackpad use.
- Enhanced audio experience when connected to a Display Port 1.2 device
Source: Microsoft Support Forums via: Winbeta