Photo credit: Long Zheng â€“ www.istartedsomething.com, Engadget.com)
Microsoft has announced their V2 of Surface Hardware. Unlike its V1, its now just 4 inches thick.
Some other details:
Impressively thin table surface for Surface
– Surface 2.0 is mountable.
– Powered by CPU and GPU by AMD.
– No cameras included. Each pixel is a camera. Microsoft is using Pixelsense technology.
– Surface has the biggest piece of Gorilla Glass ever produced.
– Able to detect text on a object. They demoed it by placing a paper with text on the surface.
-Royal Bank of Canada will be the early adopter of Surface V2.
No word and pricing and availability. Steve Ballmer will reveal more details on this at CES keynote . Will update this post on further details.