Microsoft is rolling out yet another bug-fixing update for Windows 10 Xbox Insiders in the Alpha Ring. The software giant is today rolling out build 15045, which only includes bug fixes and improvements. Unlike some of the recent builds, the latest one does not include any new feature whatsoever and it only focuses on bug fixes and improvements.
Here’s the full changelog:
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170224-1901
Fixes and Improvements:
- System Update – In Energy-Saving mode, system updates should now download and apply when shutting down if “Keep my console up to date” is enabled.
- Audio – Fixed an issue which caused an audible “pop” when switching between apps.
- Launching Games & Apps – Fixed and issue which caused the console to crash when selecting the “See in store” button after launching an unowned title.
- Games & Apps – The “Developer Education” app should no longer appear in Games & Apps.
- Twitch – Fixed an issue which could cause the console to crash and restart after resuming Twitch from connected standby.
- Sign-In – Resolved an issue which prevented the console from automatically signing in a profile with automatic sign-in enabled.
- Xbox Accessories
- The Xbox Accessories app Device Details page may appear blank.
Workaround: Update the device firmware, and view Device Details on a console not enrolled in Preview.
- Copilot does not function at this time. You can disable Copilot from the power menu (hold the Xbox button on the controller) if desired.
- If Cortana was enabled prior to entering connected standby, you may encounter an error when resuming from connected standby.
- Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Scheduled Cortana reminders will not provide a notification if the user who created the reminder is signed in, but not the current active user.
- Using voice dictation sometimes causes the virtual keyboard to become unresponsive.
- Notifications – Some users may not receive certain types of notifications.
- Game Clips – After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so). – Workaround: Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- EA Access – The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- Screen Dimming – The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
- Settings – Ease of Access: When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access – Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts.
Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- Settings – Display & sound: The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- Wireless Display – The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.