Microsoft has updated their BLINK photo app, which takes a series of photos in quick succession and allows users to choose the best picture to save, to also publish the pictures as a brief animation.
Version 2 of the app features:
- Camera settings – change camera settings such as scene mode, exposure, white balance and ISO in capture mode
- Animation – Quickly set the motion range for animation in addition to selecting the best shot after capture
- Sharing – Share the animations to BLINK.so.cl, Facebook, or Twitter
- In-app viewing – View the animations in the in-app history, wait for a moment and they start animating!
- Web gallery – From the in-app history, view your shared BLINKs in the web gallery
- Save another – Your BLINKs are always saved within the app. Come back and save another shot to camera roll or change the animation range via "edit" in the in-app history
The app works as well as before, and you can now share your animations to BLINK.so.cl (which is not live yet), but I think Microsoft missed a trick by only letting users trim the animation, rather than more advanced editing of the resulting video.
The app is free and can be found in the Windows Phone Store here.