At TechEd, Microsoft announced the release of Visual Studio 2013 Update 2. The final build is now is ready to download. VS2013 Update 2 includes the following new features and bug fixes that address bugs, customer feedback, performance, and reliability improvements.
Here are some new capabilities that are part of this and related Updates and links to where you can find more info.
- Universal Apps. With this release you can now build universal apps that can run on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 while sharing code and assets through shared projects.
- Web Tool. Our web development tools have many new features like SCSS support, a new JSON editor, updated ASP.NET templates, and an improved URL picker.
- Azure tools. It’s easier to take advantage of Azure with options to create websites and SQL Azure databases directly on Azure for simpler deployment to a development / testing environment.
- Diagnostics. Our diagnostics tools also got some enhancements. Performance events now let you navigate to user code for MVC Methods or jump to the SQL command for database queries. It is also possible to view the Windows Store diagnostics tools at the same time to see all your diagnostics information on a shared timeline.
- Slipstream install. You can download Visual Studio with all its latest features from one install that includes Visual Studio 2013 RTM and Update 2 for Visual Studio.
If you are already using Visual Studio 2013, you will get a notification to get the update soon.