Microsoft today released a new system firmware update for Surface Pro 3 devices. This update improves overall system stability and Wi-Fi throughput. Find the full change log below.
The following updates will be listed as “System Firmware Update – 10/28/2014” when you view your update history.
- Surface Pro UEFI update (v126.96.36.199) enhances the system stability, increases the reliability of the graphics display performance, and adds a status bar to the experience when applying future System Firmware Updates.
- Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware update (v188.8.131.52) increases the reliability of sleep state transitions with a Surface Pro 3 Docking Station connected.
- Surface Integration update (v2.0.1168.0) addresses setting the Hibernate value in Windows 10.
- Intel(R) 8 Series PCI Express Root Port #3 – 9C14 update (v2.0.1151.0) addresses cases when the Wi-Fi adapter is not available upon resuming the system from sleep.
- Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.3059.117) improves Wi-Fi throughput, especially after rebooting with Bluetooth devices that are paired, enhances power consumption situations, and addresses instances of system instability.
Download it from Windows Update on your device.
You can order Surface Pro 3 from Microsoft Store from the links below.
|Surface Pro 3||Estimated retail price (USD)|
|Intel® Core™ i3, 64 GB and 4 GB of RAM||$799|
|Intel® Core™ i5, 128 GB and 4 GB of RAM||$999|
|Intel® Core™ i5, 256 GB and 8 GB of RAM||$1,299|
|Intel® Core™ i7, 256 GB and 8 GB of RAM||$1,549|
|Intel® Core™ i7, 512 GB and 8 GB of RAM||$1,949|