Microsoft today released a new firmware update for its Surface Pro and Surface Pro 3 devices. System Firmware Update – 2/24/2016 update will be delivered as multiple updates when you view your update history. Find the respective change log below.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v2.84.450.0) eliminates instances where the device wakes randomly.
- Surface Cover Audio driver update (v1.0.360.0) improves system stability when detaching the cover.
Surface Pro 2:
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware update (v2.4.450.0) eliminates instances where the device wakes randomly.
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel® HD Graphics Family
- Surface Cover Audio driver update (v2.0.306.0) improves system stability when detaching the cover.
- Microsoft Surface ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery driver update (v188.8.131.52) ensures correct surface driver is installed.
- Intel® HD Graphics Family driver update (v184.108.40.20631) improves color calibration and system stability.
- Intel® Display Audio driver update (v6.16.00.3189) supports compatibility with the updated HD Graphics Family driver.
Because updates are cumulative, when you install the latest update, you’ll also get all the previous updates if your Surface doesn’t have them already. Only updates that apply to Surface will be downloaded and installed.