At BUILD developer conference, Microsoft Advertising team shared their details about their recent work to help developers better monetize their Windows 8 and Windows Phone apps. They released the following,
- New Advertising SDK for Windows 8.1
- 2 New Advertising SDKs for Windows Phone
- A New, modernized pubCenter
- A New Program to promote your Windows Phone app!
The new Ad SDK for Windows 8.1 is designed to improve ad-funded monetization for app developers:
- The new SDK will unlock advertiser demand by enabling 3rd party ad serving (i.e., ads served by mobile rich media ad servers vs. ad served by Microsoft), aligning with MRAID v1.0 mobile rich media ad industry standards, and connecting to the Microsoft Ad Exchange
- Over the next few months, as more developers adopt the new ad SDK and we reach critical mass of inventory on the new ad SDK to offer to advertisers, we expect that fill rates will increase
- The new Ad SDK, available as an update in Visual Studio 2013, is quick and easy to install
Yesterday, we reported about the completely redesigned Microsoft pubCenter. Microsoft detailed that PubCenter has been completely overhauled, giving way to a clean and modern design based on feedback from developers. Highlights of the new pubCenter include:
- Simplified Sign-in/Sign-up experience
- Fast and fluid UI for more efficient task completion
- Updated contextual help content
- Improved reporting for actionable insights
- Comprehensive dashboard to review key info
Read more from the link below.