Microsoft today released December firmware updates for both its second generation Surface devices. The updates for Surface 2 and Surface Pro include improved trackpad experience and several other improvements.
Surface 2 December update change log:
- Screen dimming during CPU intensive operations resolved.
- Decreased charge time for batteries.
- Two-finger trackpad use optimized.
- Update to support additional external displays.
- Skype video quality improved.
- Resolved delay during restart when Bluetooth devices are connected.
Surface Pro 2 December update change log:
- Improved system stability, including when minimizing full screen games.
- Updated Wi-Fi driver for improved wireless display and connectivity with wireless access points.
- Improved Surface Cover interaction including power-saving sleep functionality.
- Color fidelity improvements for all applications.
- Optimized two-finger trackpad use.
- Enhanced audio experience when connected to a Display Port 1.2 device.
Surface RT December update change log:
- Surface Home Button Driver update to optimize available system memory.
- Surface Type Cover audio device driver update to enhance trackpad sounds for Type Cover 2.
Surface Pro update change log:
- Wi-Fi driver (v14.69.24047.156) update for improved wireless display experience.