Microsoft last night released the February 2017 edition of evaluation Windows developer virtual machines (VM) on Windows Dev Center. Start coding sooner with a virtual machine prepped for Windows 10 development. It has the latest versions of Windows, the developer tools, SDKs, and samples ready to go. The VMs come in Hyper-V, Parallels, VirtualBox and VMWare editions and they will expire on 05/21/17.
Evaluation VM contain:
- Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation, Version 1607
- Visual Studio 2015 Community Update 3 (Build 14.0.25425.01)
- Windows developer SDK and tools (Build 14393)
- Microsoft Azure SDK for .NET (Build 2.9.6)
- Windows UWP samples (Feb 2017 Update)
- Bash on Ubuntu on Windows
Microsoft also offers non-evaluation version, but you’ll need a Windows 10 Pro key to activate it. Microsoft also allows you to spin up these virtual machines in Azure with the Windows Developer tooling installed.