Microsoft today announced eight new data transformation and connectivity features for Get & Transform that have been requested by many customers. Find the list of new features included in this update below.
- New transformation features:
- Add Column by Example.
- Split Column (by Delimiter/Number of Characters) into rows.
- Basic mode for Group By operation.
- Extract Text Before/After/Between Delimiters.
- Unpivot Only Selected Columns.
- Combine Files experience—ability to reference first file as example.
- New Go to Column in Query Editor.
- SAP HANA Connector—enhancements to Parameter Input UX.
These updates are available for free as part of an Office 365 subscription. Excel 2016 comes with a set of features called Get & Transform, which provides fast, easy data gathering and shaping capabilities. Get & Transform allows users to connect, combine, and refine data sources to meet their analysis needs. Read about all these improvements in detail here.