Microsoft today announced several new updates for Azure Stack, its private cloud offering. First, Microsoft is releasing Azure Stack Technical Preview 3 (TP3) which now supports more modern application capabilities along with infrastructure and security enhancements. Second, Azure Stack now supports the cloud economic model on-premises with pay-as-you-use pricing.
- Deploy with ADFS for disconnected scenarios
- Start using Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets for scale out workloads
- Syndicate content from the Azure Marketplace to make available in Azure Stack
- Use Azure D-Series VM sizes
- Deploy and create templates with Temp Disks that are consistent with Azure
- Take comfort in the enhanced security of an isolated administrator portal
- Take advantage of improvements to IaaS and PaaS functionality
- Use enhanced infrastructure management functionality, such as improved alerting
Microsoft also announced that Azure Functions will be available to run on TP3, followed by Blockchain, Cloud Foundry, and Mesos templates. Microsoft will be releasing new updates to Azure Stack up to general availability and beyond. They also mentioned that TP3 is the final planned major Technical Preview before Azure Stack integrated systems will be available for order in mid-CY17.
Learn more about this announcement here.