To help web developers test versions of Internet Explorer more easily, Microsoft is releasing virtual machines from last year. Today, Microsoft released another refresh of the VMs based on feedback from developers.
Change log of build 20141123 include:
- We now use IE blocker toolkit to keep the version of IE for that image fixed and not auto-updated
- Set Windows Update on and to auto update
- Applied all applicable Windows Updates to the images up to November 2014
- Changed the archive technology from RAR to ZIP based on community feedback
- Added a single large ZIP file archive as a download option in addition to multi-part files as requested by the community
These updates apply to all VMs accessible via the sites download page for Windows, Mac and Linux platforms and across Hyper-V, VirtualBox, VMWare Player and Parallels Desktop.
Source: Internet Explorer Blog