Microsoft earlier enabled Xbox One gamers to play Xbox 360 games on their Xbox One devices, now the software maker is pushing out another update further refine and improve that feature.
In the latest TH2 Xbox One build, Microsoft has added the ability to discover Xbox backward compatible games via the game hubs and the activity feed to improve discoverability of older games, They have also removed the achievements app previously present on Xbox One devices and users are now advised to use the Xbox Guide to view their achievement progress. Windows and Windows phone users can also make use of the Xbox app to view their achievements, so its not a huge loss all things considered.
Here’s the full changelog below,
- Green Screen issues when watching Video:
- Fixed an issue which green screens could appear in some video applications.
- Intermittent flickering Black screens:
- Fixed an issue in which black screens would appear, in games, apps or when navigating the dashboard
- Purchase Xbox 360 Backward compatible games: Games today will be discover-able via Game hubs and Activity feed and over the next 24 hours the Store programming will be live for a full end to end purchasing experience.
- The Achievements snap app is no longer in the build – please use the guide experience to view your achievement’s progress
The update (th2_xb_rel_1603.160304-1900) is available to download right nw for Xbox Preview members.