Microsoft today released a pretty major update for the Power BI app on Android. The update thankfully isn’t a minor one, which means it includes quite a lot of improvements. Firstly, the new update introduces an improved design for the navigation system in the app which should make it much easier to navigate around the update. In addition to this, the update also introduces an improved experience for Reports and Dashboards, allowing users to manually refresh dashboards and more. Here is the full changelog:
- If favorite dashboards are configured for the user, the “Favorites” entry will be the landing page
- Gave the main navigation a new look, and moved groups navigation to the groups catalog
- Improved experience of reports and dashboards loading
- You can now manually refresh your dashboard tiles. For tiles based on DirectQuery, this will retrieve the latest data from the dataset
- Notifications for your data-driven alerts now contain more information on what triggered the alert and why
If you use Power BI on your Android smartphone, you can get the latest update for the app from Google Play here.