Microsoft Studios and 343 Industries has announced Halo: Spartan Strike, a new Halo top-down shooter which will be coming to Windows, Windows Phone 8 devices and Steam on December 12, 2014 as a digital download for $5.99. It comes with a compelling new story, improved touch controls, updated graphics and an all-new score from award-winning composer Tom Salta. Microsof today posted a first look of this game, watch it above.
Halo: Spartan Strike delivers a full, epic adventure with thrilling battles and unparalleled visuals for mobile devices. No matter where you are or what platform you use, Halo: Spartan Strike will provide the definitive pick-up-and-play Halo experience to both experienced veterans and new recruits.
Some of the key features included in Halo: Spartan Strike are:
- Crush your enemies using the iconic Warthog jeep, or sweep them from the battlefield using the all-new Kestrel VTOL.
- Use all-new weapons (Suppressor, Scatter Shot, Binary Rifle and Incineration Cannon) and armor abilities (Proximity Mine, Bubble Shield, Teleport, Shock Chain and Airstrike) to dominate on the battlefield.
- Face off against new Promethean enemies; deadly mechanical warriors who seek mankind’s annihilation.
- Experience an all-new story that will take you from New Mombasa on Earth to the enigmatic Gamma Halo located at the edge of charted space.
- Take control! For this top-down shooter, you can choose between keyboard and mouse, USB Xbox controller, or touch-based virtual joystick.
- Earn achievements in Halo: Spartan Strike to unlock an exclusive emblem, nameplate, and avatar in Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One (sold separately).
Read more about this game here.