As we previously reported, Microsoft Bing team has partnered with the NCAA to gain access to over 10 seasons worth of Division I basketball data and they are using it for predictions. The new Bing Bracket Builder will help basketball fans to to come out on top with their bracket.
Beginning today, on Selections Sunday, Microsoft is launching the Bing Bracket at www.bing.com/bracketbuilder with a slew of features to help you build the best bracket, including:
- Intelligent Predictions: We’ve built Bing predictions right into our bracket builder. So as you hover over a team, we give you all the data you need to make an informed decision on a matchup. Of all the features of our bracket, few are more exciting than our predictions. Once the bracket is announced, our servers need a couple hours to run through all possible 9.2 quintillion outcomes of the bracket, stay tuned to @Bing for updates on when the NCAA bracket builder goes live after 3pm PT! To learn more about how Bing Predicts works, click here.
- Auto-Fill: Only 1 in 5 people follow more than five teams, so how do you fill out an entire bracket with 68 teams when you really only care about whether your team makes the Final Four? Use the auto-fill function and Bing will help you fill out the rest using smart predictive capabilities and accounting for your favorite teams.
- Search within your bracket: If you don’t want to take Bing’s predictions for granted, we give you the next layer of team stats to help you make the most informed decision on the possibility of an upset. If you’re one of the 44 percent of us that do research online as we fill out our brackets – the Bing Bracket is for you!
- Interactive Highlights: With the Bing Bracket you can follow along during the tournament and watch highlights, research teams and players, check scores and engage with your picks directly. Miss a game in your matchup? Visit your bracket and see key highlights post game.
- Detailed game matchups: Kentucky v Duke? Gonzaga v UNC? Get detailed matchup stats, pulling in historical data and even Bing’s predictions on who’s favored to win and why. Want to know what it will take for the underdog to pull off an upset? You’ll find it here.
- Export: Four out of 10 March Madness fans will fill out more than one bracket. With Bing we’ll make it easy for you to export directly to the Capital One NCAA March Madness Bracket Challenge and compete against Bing.
- Print, save, share: Bing makes it easy to share your success with friends. Easily share on Facebook and Twitter with Bing – and let the games begin!
- March Madness hub: With 68 teams playing throughout the tournament, that’s a lot of games to keep track of. Bing has you covered. Keep your pulse on the games with a complete tournament schedule, links to watch the live games, matchup predictions, tournament stats, and the latest news from across the web – all within the bracket experience.
Read more about it here.