Microsoft had its first Windows Azure conference in India for the past two days. During the conference, Microsoft shared many details about the Windows Azure business in India and their momentum. Bhaskar Pramanik, Chairman, Microsoft India said, “We are adding over 2000 commercial cloud customers every month in India and these are customers across all industry sectors – banking, manufacturing, healthcare and media, and across large, mid-sized and small companies.” Microsoft said that scalability, reduced costs, flexibility, business agility and speed in new service roll-out are some of the reasons Windows Azure is chosen Enterprise customers. Microsoft has 10,000 partners and engages with an ecosystem of 1.6 million developers in the country.
Windows Azure Enterprise Customers in India include
- Three leading private banks
- Five leading auto manufacturers
- Four leading healthcare organizations
- Three leading media houses
- Five leading Indian SIs are also building solutions on Windows Azure for global consumption
“Our investments in improving the readiness of our partners and developers is enabling faster cloud adoption. We are in a mobile-first, cloud-first world and cloud is becoming an integral part of the IT infrastructure in Indian enterprises today,” said Karan Bajwa, Managing Director, Microsoft India.
Microsoft has been investing significantly to improve cloud capabilities among partners and developers. In the last year, the company has grown the number of its cloud solution partners by 200%, has seen a 100% growth in the number of independent software vendor (ISV) applications on Windows Azure and helped 1700 start-ups adopt Windows Azure. Microsoft is also partnering with academic institutions to create Microsoft Innovation Centers – of which 39 are now operational. The company has conducted 2000 training sessions for over 200,000 developers and IT professionals in the last year.
Microsoft also shared their Enterprise Cloud Momentum globally,
- 55 percent of Fortune 500 companies use Windows Azure.
- Enterprise social network Yammer now has over 8 million registered users.
- More than 1 million U.S. government employees use Office 365.
- Windows Azure Active Directory has handled 400 billion identity authentications.
- Revenue from Microsoft’s Dynamics CRM Online business grew 80 percent between 2012 and 2013.
- Microsoft has invested US $15 billion to build its massive cloud infrastructure.
- Microsoft has more than a million servers hosted in its data centers.