Microsoft today revealed that they are investing significant resources in these areas of technology and their goal is to lead the industry in these areas over the long-term, which we expect will translate to sustained growth.
Microsoft is focusing on:
• Delivering new high-value digital work and digital life experiences to improve how people learn, work, play, and interact with one another.
• Establishing our Windows platform across the PC, tablet, phone, server, other devices, and the cloud to drive a thriving ecosystem of developers, unify the cross-device user experience, and increase agility when bringing new advances to market.
• Building and running cloud-based services in ways that unleash new experiences and opportunities for businesses and individuals.
• Developing new devices that have increasingly natural ways to use them, including speech, pen, and gesture.
• Applying machine learning to make technology more intuitive and able to act on our behalf, instead of at our command.
Microsoft believes that their breadth of products and services portfolio, their large global partner and customer base, their growing ecosystem, and their ongoing investment in innovation position us to be a leader in these areas.