Microsoft has selected the 25 winners of their Blackberry (and iOS) horror story challenge, in which they asked owners of the above phones to say why their mobile OS have failed them and why they need a Windows Phone.
RIMâ€™s Blackberry had a recent service outage which spread world-wide and lasted 3 days, both unprecedented, and Appleâ€™s iOS 5 update also did not go off without a hitch, bricking many devices along the way.
Microsoft received 1500 responses and the winners had this to say:
- Jon404: @BenThePCGuy I’m sick of drinking the Apple Kool-aid! I need some Mango to take the taste away 😉
- mattymorgs: @BenThePCGuy with
#iOS still stuck on its bubbly look from 5 years ago, #windowsphone is the true ‘Think Different’ of UI style today.
- jdnorthwest: @BenThePCGuy As a frustrated #DearBlackberry user I was shopping the Bellevue@MicrosoftStore yesterday for a #windowsphone
- sweeneyben: @BenThePCGuy #DearBlackberry my Storm2 was great if I went back in time, but is so outdated, with poor service. I want to go back to Windows
- joegaus: @BenThePCGuy i want a #windowsphone because only BeyoncÃ© Knowles’ beauty can compare to those DAMN SEXY LIVETILES
- jubbing: @BenThePCGuy #dearblackberry I want to use a phone where I can check my emails any time of the.. week. Sincerely, annoyed guy
- jacobdfriedman: @benthepcguy I want to switch because even eight years later, iTunes for windows is a clunky, crashy mess.
- chrisemmerson: Dear @BenThePCGuy how about u convert a beloved fruity phone lover & user with well world travelled phone from his free upgrade from the 4s?
- salamahoy: @BenThePCGuy I got the new BlackBerry 9900. It’s been so problematic, I’ve thrown it against the wall. Now I have no phone. #DearBlackberry
- ChamatkariBaba: @BenThePCGuy BB served as a paper weight for last 3 days and from now onwards I plan to use it that way only
mattymorgs : @BenThePCGuy with #iOS still stuck on its bubbly look from 5 years ago, #windowsphone is the true ‘Think Different’ of UI style today.
- KTownGMG: @BenThePCGuy My Blackberry has been dropping calls and really, this is it for me…..PLUS METRO…is one word…METRO! SEND ME A PHONE!!!!
- jsteig: @BenThePCGuy I would love my BlackBerry if it didn’t crash daily and if I could install applications w/o it dropping to a crawl
- TGProof: @BenThePCGuy also, I use my phone for business and school, without proper function it made contact very difficult. #UpgradeMeToWindowsPhone
- phonomatik: @BenThePCGuy Hey Guy! Ok, iOS is lame. WP7 is much better. I like the hubs and tiles, they have a good structure. All Apps are good sorted.
- mikehc: @BenThePCGuy I don’t have a BB, have a Pre. But I’m equally frustrated… Do I have a chance to win a WP7?
- lazejanev: @BenThePCGuy I would like WP7 phone, because I want to transfer my enterprise knowledge on a mobile platform.Android and iOS are not for ERP
- Cri5_09: @BenThePCGuy I want a Windows Phone 7.5 because Mango beats Apples, berries, sandwitches or any other fruit/nut available.
- ijoostin: @BenThePCGuy I have an iPhone, but I want to see the world! I want to see what others see the future as. Apple’s can’t be the only vision!
- qkns: Hi @BenThePCGuy, I’m the BB admin 🙁 I have 2 give status updates counsel unhappy users & stay const. up 2 date on this mess. I want OFF BB!
- erickmagnus: @BenThePCGuy RIM just don’t respect customers. They take 2 days just to inform "we are working on this"! I want a #windowsphone!
- Chipstopher: @BenThePCGuy Dunno if you’re still giving away Windows Phones, but Id switch to Windows Phone gladly. At this point I wanna phone that works
- MrJoeSterne: @benthepcguy man, updating to iOS 5 was worse than installing windows- by a long shot!
- Xadacka: @BenThePCGuy sick of it crashing, rebooting, slowing down… nice wp7 device sure would make things easier on me!
- finntannermom: @BenThePCGuy to save a marriage! I cannot reach my husband need a #windowsphone #DearBlackberry>
Microsoft is now looking to make this a regular event, though not at this scale.
Ben Rudolph, the PC Guy, writes:
So hereâ€™s what Iâ€™ll be doing from now on; send your story about why you want (or need) a Windows Phone to my Ben the PC Guy email address. Do you need it for work, and canâ€™t live without our built-in Office features? Are you a social butterfly and love the fact that Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn are baked right in? Do you drool over the beauty of live tiles? Whatever the reason is, I want to hear about it.
Every month, Iâ€™ll select a story that I think is unique and compelling and Iâ€™ll get that person a Windows Phone. A few weeks later, Iâ€™ll catch up with the winner and post a blog on how their new Windows Phone has changed their life.
To take him up on the deal, send him an email here at [email protected].
While the promotion is great, I think one phone a month is a bit stingy. How about one a day as a great way to start an internet meme, and on twitter rather than email?
Read the full post at Microsoft here.