In order to protect the Microsoft accounts involved in US political campaigns, political committees, campaign tech vendors, and their staff, Microsoft last year introduced a service called AccountGuard which offers additional security and threat monitoring. Microsoft is now expanding AccountGuard service to Europe. AccountGuard is now available in France, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain and Ireland.
Just in time for the upcoming European Parliament elections, Microsoft’s AccountGuard service will provide comprehensive threat detection and notification to eligible organizations in Europe at no additional cost and customized help to secure their systems. AccountGuard service offers the following:
- Best practices and security guidance specific to those in the political space.
- Access to cybersecurity webinars and workshops.
- Notification in the event of a verifiable threat or compromise by a known nation-state actor against the participant’s O365 account.
- Notification to both the organization and, where possible, the impacted individual if a registered Hotmail.com or Outlook.com account associated with the organization is verifiably threatened or compromised by a known nation-state actor.
- Recommendations to the participating organization for remediation if a compromise is confirmed.
- A direct line to Microsoft’s Defending Democracy Program team.
Learn more about this program from the link below.