Microsoft has released a new update for Edge Dev channel which bumps the browser to v79.0.294.1. The update brings general improvements as well as bug fixes to the browser and you can head below to take a look at the changelog for the update.
- Added messaging to warn users when they install an extension that has the ability to change their search provider, home page, or new tab page.
- Added improved messaging and reporting abilities when navigating to unsafe websites.
- Added a button to set up syncing from the profile flyout.
- Fixed an issue where PDFs sometimes fails to load.
- Fixed an issue where Application Guard windows fail to navigate and show “This page is having a problem”.
- Fixed an issue where opening all items in a Collection sometimes leads to a browser crash.
- Temporarily disabled Renderer Code Integrity by default to prevent situations where it causes all tabs to crash upon loading.
- Fixed an issue where Read Aloud would sometimes stop when reading long words.
- Improved the success rate of single sign-on for work or school accounts.
- Fixed an issue where tooltips don’t appear when hovering over links, UI, etc.
- Fixed an issue where Edge opens in Application Guard mode when it shouldn’t.
- Fixed an issue where the various sync toggles sometimes don’t work after signing in with a work or school account.
- Improved the appearance of the Downloads shelf.
- Fixed an issue where the option to open a new tab from the tab band’s context menu appears twice.
- Fixed an issue where various sync toggles appear disabled even though they shouldn’t be.
- Fixed an issue where the button to sign out of the browser is sometimes missing from Settings.
- Fixed an issue where profile pictures sometimes don’t appear in Settings.
- Improved the appearance of the Task Bar icon when using multiple profiles.
- Fixed an issue where users with multiple profiles see a generic icon instead of their profile picture on the Task Bar shortcut.
- Fixed an issue where Tracking Prevention reported blocking trackers from one tab when viewing a different tab.
- Fixed an issue where IE mode tabs sometimes are zoomed improperly when they load.
- Fixed an issue where windows sometimes have a 1px colored line on top of them.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where keyboard shortcuts sometimes don’t work in Collections.
- Fixed an issue where mobile favorites that are imported from another browser aren’t placed in the correct folder.
The update should download and install directly but in case it doesn’t then you can head to the Edge settings and manually update the browser.