At Office Next blog today, Microsoft detailed the touch optimizations done in the upcoming version of Office. Microsoft Office took advantage of the Windows 8 platform features such as hardware accelerated graphics and improved touch targeting to deliver new touch-based experiences. They focused on the following things while designing Office optimized for touch interaction.
- Touch responsiveness
- Touch targeting
- Selecting text & objects
Following are the new things in Office vNext that makes touch based interaction a breeze.
- Improved Touch Responsiveness
- Improved Touch Targeting
- Fixed User Interface Elements – New Touch Mode
- Touch optimized Contextual User Interface Elements
- Positioning an object by dragging using Touch
- New Touch based Text and Object Selection
- In-canvas commands
- Radial Menus
- App Bar
- Optimized Soft keyboard experience.
Read all of the above in detail at Office Next blog here.