Recently, Microsoft announced the stable channel release of EdgeHTML 14 with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. EdgeHTML 14 is the third and most significant update to the Microsoft Edge web platform since their initial release one year ago. Microsoft today detailed the improvements coming as part of EdgeHTML 14. Read the summary of it below,
- Web Extensions support is now part of EdgeHTML 14.
- Microsoft Edge in the Anniversary Update is easily the most accessible browser and the only browser to earn a perfect score on HTML5Accessibility’s browser benchmark.
- In the Anniversary Update, they are adding features like Kernel Attack Protection, which makes kernel attacks more difficult by reducing the kernel components exposed to the browser and enforcing an allow list for kernel calls from Flash and the content process.
- In EdgeHTML 14, they have carefully measured and tuned performance across the board to make core components faster and more efficient, resulting in a faster experience.
- They have improved scrolling in Microsoft Edge by taking all scrolling, including keyboard and scrollbar actions, completely off of the UI thread.
Read more about it here.