Earlier this week Microsoft released an update to its Windows 10 Mobile camera app for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring, now the firm is rolling out that update to Windows Insiders who are currently on the Release Preview and those who aren’t in the insider preview at all (production).
The update improves the contrast of the capture buttons, making them stand out against whatever you’re taking whether it’s a photo, video or panorama shot. There’s also a new improved zoom slider, reminiscent of the old Windows camera app from Windows Phone 7, making it easier to zoom in and out of photos for users who find using the “invisible” screen sliders too fiddly.
Microsoft has also added the timer to the camera dashboard, so you can set time delays for your photos as simply as you can toggle flash or enter manual camera mode. Finally, it’s easier to change the camera app settings with a new settings button at the bottom of the screen.
Here’s the changelog:
- Enjoy taking photos, videos, and panoramas with our higher-contrast capture buttons.
- Set a photo timer right from the camera dashboard with our new toggle control.
- Get to Settings faster! Now, launch into Settings directly from the camera UI.
- Access your camera roll with one hand from its new spot on the screen.
- Zoom more easily with the new zoom slider.
- Make sure you nailed the shot, with a more noticeable capture animation.
- Change between front- and rear-facing cameras with a more prominent button control.
The preinstalled Windows Camera app can be updated by checking the Windows Store for updates directly or from the store link below;