Microsoft today announced a pretty sweet update coming to the Microsoft Band. With the latest update, Microsoft is introducing a new hiking experience for the Band. The new experience is powered by the new Explore Tile which uses the Band’s built-in GPS to keep track of your hike:
- GPS Power Saver automatically allows your band to track your hike for up to 12 hours.
- After your hike, sync your band to your mobile app to see your points of elevation and a map of your route in the Microsoft Health app and web dashboard.
- Stay hydrated, properly fueled, and get help dodging any inclement weather with smart alerts. They’ll remind you to hydrate and refuel, tell you what time the sun sets, and alert you of any inclement weather advisories based on atmospheric pressure.
- The UV monitor you know and love is enabled while you hike. It will notify you when your UV exposure is high, so you can stay covered or apply SPF while you’re out in the sun.
- Exploring on your own? Leave your phone in your pocket and turn up the tunes – skip tracks and adjust the volume on your phone’s music apps from your band’s touchscreen.
- If you want to stop for a rest or take in the view, no problem. The Auto Pause feature will automatically detect that you’ve stopped, so you can focus on your adventure.
Microsoft has also announced the new Microsoft Health app for Windows 10 PCs and Tablets, which will be available sometime soon. As for the Band update, you should also get it in the coming days.