Microsoft today announced feature enhancements across SQL Server, Enterprise Mobility and Azure Media Services offerings that offer more flexibility and make the lives of the enterprise user easier and more productive. These update enable flexibility and efficiency for enterprises across a number of areas. Find more details about it below.
- A new update to Azure SQL Database will be generally available in Europe, introducing near-complete SQL Server engine compatibility, greater support for larger databases, and expanded Premium performance. General availability will continue across United States regions on February 9, 2015 with rollout to most datacenters worldwide by March 1, 2015.
- New security features for Azure SQL Database will help customers protect their cloud data and meet corporate and industry compliance policies.
- More simplified availability, setup, backup, and patching for SQL Server in an Azure virtual machine will help make running large enterprise SQL Server workloads in Azure more efficient than ever before.
- New G-Series virtual machines will deliver major performance gains for customers with large SQL Server OLTP workloads.
- Public Preview of Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) per application, allowing IT to configure rules that require users to only perform MFA when they access specific security sensitive applications.
- Public Preview of Connect Health, helping IT monitor and gain insight into health, performance and login activity of on-premises Active Directory infrastructure.
New Features in Azure RMS (which secures files and e-mail):
- Public Preview of Departmental Templates, which enables organizations to protect documents by creating template policies, defining the scope of who can view and use the template.
- Azure RMS Migration Toolkit, which enables Active Directory RMS and Windows RMS customers to migrate to Azure RMS without losing access to their existing content or policies.
- And more including new Azure RMS Onboarding Controls, Updates to RMS SDK and RMS Sharing App for Windows Phone 8.1. More info will be available at the The Official RMS Team Blog.
General Availability of Content Protection for Azure Media Services:
- Piracy is a top concern for premium media content, and with the GA of Content Protection for Azure Media Services you can use the same industry-leading license delivery and AES 128-bit encryption key delivery service that securely delivered the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics with a guaranteed 99.9% Azure SLA.
Read more about it here.