One of Microsoft’s major goals today with the Windows 10 unveil to start a dialog with their enterprise customers and assure them it will be an easy transition from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Microsoft made a number of announcements regarding System Center Configuration Manager and deploying Windows 10:
- The next version of System Center Configuration Manager will deliver full support for client deployment, upgrade, and management of Windows 10 and associated updates.
- System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager or SP1 – we will provide an update to support Windows 10 deployment, upgrade and management with existing ConfigMgr features.
- System Center Configuration Manager 2007 (SP2, R2, and R3) – we will provide an update to support the management only of Windows 10
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) will be updated with support for Windows 10.
- Configuration Manager preview will be available in H1 CY15