During the Connect() developer event today, Microsoft announced the preview release of Visual Studio 2017 version 15.5 with many new improvements. This release comes with F# tooling support for .NET Core SDK projects, support of 7.2 set of language features in C# compiler, improved Razor syntax formatting, support for multi-stage Dockerfiles to streamline the creation of optimized container images and more. You can read about these features in detail from the links below.
- .NET Core and ASP.NET Core security advisories.
- The MSVC compiler toolset has been updated to version 14.12.
- C# compiler now supports the 7.2 set of language features.
- Added .NET Core SDK project support to F# tooling.
- Added improvements to the Visual Studio Web Tools.
- Docker containers now support multi-stage Dockerfiles.
Microsoft today also released Visual Studio Tools for AI. Using this new extension developers and data scientists can develop AI models by taking advantage of the full power of Visual Studio. Visual Studio Tools for AI supports deep learning frameworks including Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit (CNTK), Google TensorFlow, Theano, Keras, Caffe2 and more. It supports additional deep learning frameworks via the open architecture. It makes use of the existing code support for Python, C/C++/C#, and supplies additional support for Cognitive Toolkit BrainScript. It also integrates with Azure Batch AI and Azure Machine Learning services to enable submitting deep learning jobs to Azure GPU VMs, Spark clusters and more.