Microsoft today announced Power BI support for Intune Mobile Application Manager (MAM) on iOS devices. They also said that similar support is coming on Android soon. Microsoft Intune helps organizations manage mobile devices and mobile apps. With Intune configuration policies, they can control application access with a PIN, limit data sharing, and even encrypt application data. It integrates closely with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) for identity and access control, and Azure Rights Management (Azure RMS) for data protection.
Power BI apps already supports Mobile Device Management (MDM), today they are adding support for MAM. With this support, IT administrators can control access to Power BI and help prevent data leaks without requiring employees to enroll their device on MDM. Intune MAM is currently supported on iOS devices that run iOS 8.0 and later. It allows you to modify the functionality of Power BI apps to align with the organizational compliance and security policies. Intune MAM will support following features,
- Restrict web content to display only in a corporate-managed browser.
- Prevent iTunes and iCloud backups.
- Allow data transfer from the app to: (a) all other apps; (b) only managed apps; (c) none of the apps.
- Prevent “Save As”.
- Restrict cut, copy and paste with other apps.
- Require pin code to access the app.
- Encrypt app data.
Learn more about it here.