Microsoft today released the May Update for Power BI Desktop with new updates to the previously released features. Users can now take advantage of a new slicer type that lets you filter your reports down to relative dates, such as last 3 months. Microsoft is also announcing report level measures for live connections to Analysis Services tabular models & Power BI service datasets. Find the full list of new updates below.
- Relative date slicer (preview)
- New table visual (preview)
- Combo chart data label enhancements
- More URL support in table & matrix
- Mailto links in textbox
- Report level measures for live connections to Analysis Services tabular models & Power BI service datasets
- 2 new quick measures (preview): Total for category & Rolling average
- Bin by count
- New connector: Dynamics 365 for Customer Insights
- Combine files – ability to reference “First File” as example
- Two new transforms:
- Extract text before/after/between delimiters
- Unpivot only selected columns
Read about these features in detail here.