Microsoft today released the January Update for Power BI Desktop with new improvements for tables and matrix and several connector improvements as well. Power BI team today announced that they are changing their release cadence as well. Up until this point, they have released updates at the end of the month, but going forward they will be releasing earlier in the month.
Here’s the complete list of January updates:
- Table header word wrap
- Table & matrix conditional formatting improvement – blank formatting
- New aggregations for string and dateTime columns
- Phone reports GA
- Visual Studio Team Services connector
- Enhanced SQL Server connector – support for SQL Failover option
Query Editing Improvements
- New transform: extract values from a nested list
Read about these features in detail here.