Microsoft today announced the rollout of Office 365 Video to all eligible Office 365 business customers worldwide. Microsoft also released Office 365 Video native iPhone app and modern web experiences.
Office 365 Video for iPhone makes searching for and playing your company videos extremely easy. With this app, you can even create a video on your iPhone, or take a raw video, and upload it directly into Office 365 Video to the channel of your choice. You can install and use Office 365 Video for iPhone.
Microsoft is also optimizing Office 365 Video portal pages so they look great across devices and provide playback on all web browsers across phones, tablets and desktops (Windows PC, Windows Phone, Mac, Android and iOS). Also, they are releasing new HTML-5 player so users can play videos no matter which device they are viewing on.
Here is a quick list of additional enhancements Microsoft made to the user interface, admin controls and service performance overall:
- Smarter “You may also like”—We increased the use of the Office Graph to make video recommendations more personal and relevant.
- Share via email—In addition to easily sharing via Yammer, users can now click the mail icon from each playback page and send an email with a direct link to the video.
- Built-in CDN—All videos are now backed by a built-in content distribution network (CDN) that improves playback performance across the globe.
- More granular permissions management—Within channels, there are now three permission levels that can be assigned to users: Owners, Editors and Viewers. Plus, Global Tenant Admins now have admin access to all video channels.
- Note: the create and manage a channel in Office 365 Video article has been updated to reflect this update.
- Improved performance overall—All upload activity, channel creation and search crawls now result in a much faster user experience.
Read more about it here.