Microsoft today announced the release of the October Power BI Desktop update. This new update comes with several exciting new features including new reporting features, date slicer and snap to grid. They have also included several new analytical features including grouping and a top N filter.
Here’s the complete list of October updates:
- Date slicer
- Report gridlines and snap to grid (Preview)
- Data label improvements
- Map formatting options
- Improved date axis range formatting
- Top N filter
- Include/Exclude data points
- R-powered custom visuals
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Financials
Query Editing Improvements:
- Support for table parameters in “Invoke Function” dialog
- Diagnostic information in the “About” dialog
Read more about these features in detail here.