The Bing Homepage team today announced a complete redesign of the homepage experience for mobile phones. The new version of the homepage ships globally and will be available on iPhone and Android smartphones.
The following enhancements are available in this update,
- User interface redesign: Based on numerous A/B experiments, we’ve determined that users prefer a swipe-up card layout (~5-10 percent swipe-up rate), a translucent color scheme and ~50 px initial card peak height.
- Image of the day (IOTD) card: While on the go, you can learn something new about today’s homepage image with our IOTD card. In addition, we shipped a new UX to help you learn even more about the topic.
- Popular now card: News consumption is a common activity on mobile devices. We also know that on Bing.com desktop, the homepage news carousel at the bottom of the page is one of the most highly engaged features, connecting users to news stories across the web. With that in mind, we are bringing the desktop’s news carousel experience to mobile. We select the top trending stories for you and update them throughout the day. Moving forward, we will continue to make these stories even more relevant and personal.
- Bing Rewards card: Many Bing Mobile users are also heavily engaged Bing Rewards users. To facilitate their experience, we created a new Rewards card and gave it prime real-estate. This card gives you a convenient entry point to Bing Rewards and a quick way to view your status.
- Settings Card: Another common activity for users is to change their Safe Search settings. With this card, users can discover and take action quickly (see above.)