Microsoft has just announced its new partnership with Baidu in China. The software giant is launching a new program called Windows 10 Express with the help of Baidu which will make it easier for users in China to download an official (aka legit) Windows 10 experience.
Thanks to the latest partnership, Baidu will also be delivering Universal Windows Applications for Search, Video, Cloud and Maps for Windows 10 soon. Microsoft’s Yusuf Mehdi also announced that are over 10 million devices running Windows 10 in China, which is quite impressive.
Microsoft has also signed agreements with other leading companies and government institutions in China:
- Microsoft, Unisplendour Corporation (UNIS) and 21Vianet announced today a new cooperation agreement to provide advanced, reliable and tailor-made hybrid cloud solutions and services to Chinese customers, especially state-owned enterprise customers.
- Baidu and Microsoft unveiled today a partnership for Baidu to make it easy for its customers to upgrade to Windows 10, and for Baidu.com to be the default search and homepage in the Microsoft Edge browser in China.
- CETC and Microsoft announced today a partnership aimed at exploring support for the configuration, deployment and maintenance of Windows 10 for Chinese users in Specialized Fields in government institutions and critical infrastructure state-owned enterprises.
- Xi’xian New Area, a special development zone, and Microsoft announced on Tuesday cooperation discussions covering projects for big data, cloud computing, smart urbanization, programs for the incubation of startup companies, and ITA/ITOA training.
- Leading Chinese smartphone company Xiaomi announced on Tuesday that, in addition to using a domestic cloud platform operated by its sister company, it will adopt Windows Azure, operated by 21Vianet and based on Microsoft technology, to provide cloud services for Mi Cloud.
- Shanghai Oriental Pearl Media Company (Oriental Pearl) announced on Tuesday it will adopt Office 365 operated by 21Vianet as part of its business innovation and transformation.
- Microsoft China and the Sichuan Provincial Government signed an MOU covering IT training, startup incubation, and the use of cloud computing and big data to strengthen local economic development.
It’ll be interesting to see if Microsoft’s latest partnership with Baidu gives Windows 10 push in China. What do you think of Microsoft’s latest partnership? Discuss in the comment section below.