Last year, Microsoft Social Listening was announced providing social listening and social analytics tools to help sales, marketing and service teams gain insight into how people feel about your business. Microsoft is re-branding it as Microsoft Social Engagement with completely reimagined user experience for companies, extending beyond social listening and sentiment analysis to offering true social engagement.
Some of key enhancements include the following:
- User Interface (UI): We have completely redesigned the user interface throughout the application for a simplified experience. The dashboards are highly intuitive with visual filtering capabilities. We also introduce new filters: authors, post type, assignee, and labels.
- Social Analytics: The application now includes richer data with new visualizations, such as phrase clouds, top fans, top critics, and top hashtags giving greater insights to our customers.
- Social Center:These user-specific configurable and shareable streams consisting of vertical columns displaying social posts as they come in are usually the domain of social media and community managers. However, they can also be an indispensable tool for a customer service manager who can monitor posts and proactively engage. In this release, we will support:
- Internal actions: Assigning a post to a user and also applying a status label, which you can define in the Settings area.
- External actions: Responding natively from within each stream with the following actions: Reply, Retweet, Favorite, and Direct Message on Twitter. Like, Comment, Share, and Private Message on Facebook.
- Social Profiles: People now have the ability to add authenticated Twitter and Facebook accounts, which allows them to interact with their audience on social posts coming from Twitter and Facebook.
- Search Topic Set-up: Sales, marketing and service professionals can now set up search topics in an easier and more flexible manner. They now have the ability to define rules by the following criteria: keyword, Facebook page, and Twitter handle. Projected quota usage is displayed, as well as a preview of Twitter posts, to give them an idea of the type of results they can expect.
Microsoft also announced that the complete end-to-end customer experience giving sales people to ability to convert social posts into leads, opportunities, cases or any custom CRM entity in Microsoft Dynamics CRM is coming soon in Summer 2015.
Read more about it here.