Azure Active Directory B2C is a highly available, global, identity management service for consumer-facing applications that scales to hundreds of millions of identities. It can be easily integrated across mobile and web platforms. For developers, their consumers can log on to all their applications through fully customizable experiences by using their existing social accounts or by creating new credentials. It lets developers focus on their app’s core functions, by handling all of the app’s identity management needs, and not just sign-in. Microsoft today announced the general availability of Azure Active Directory B2C in North America. Also, Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) B2C will remain free of charge until early 2017.
- Secure identities: Your consumers can bring their existing social accounts (Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Amazon, Microsoft account) or create new app-specific accounts (usernames and passwords local to your app). You can also add multi-factor authentication to your app and give consumers an extra layer of security.
- Seamless experience: You have pixel-perfect control of your application’s consumer experience; our service stays completely hidden from view. Real Madrid used this capability to ship compelling mobile (iOS, Android, Windows Phone) and web apps for its fans.
- Highly customizable journeys: We provide out-of-the-box consumer journeys such as sign-up, sign-in, sign-up or sign-in, profile editing and password reset so that developers don’t have to hand code them. These consumer journeys can be tailored (branding, token, session and SSO configuration, information collected from consumers and claims passed back to the app) to match the needs of each app.
- Developer experience: Azure AD B2C supports industry-standard protocols – OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0. You can secure your mobile, web and native apps using Microsoft’s authentication libraries or open-source ones.
- Cloud-first: Our cloud identity service is secure, reliable and highly-available (SLA of 99.9%). It is built on the same technology infrastructure that powers a billion-plus Azure AD sign-ins per day.
- Superior economics: Our consumption-based pricing model, which comes into effect after the free period, beats the total cost of ownership of on-premises systems.
Read more about it from the source link below.