Microsoft already offers group IM in Skype for web and Skype on Outlook.com. Today, they are announcing free group voice and group video calls. Users can add up to 25 people to a voice call and up to 10 to a video call.
To make a free group call using Skype for Web or Skype for Outlook.com:
- Visit web.skype.com or Outlook.com and sign in.
- Select +New to start a new conversation (or + for Outlook.com).
- Add friends to the chat (you can have up to 25 participants on a voice call and up to 10 on a video call).
- Click confirm and start a chat.
- Fix your hair and then, when you’re ready, click the call or video call button.