Microsoft today announced five new data transformation and connectivity features for Get & Transform that have been requested by many customers. Excel 2016 comes with a set of features called Get & Transform, which provides fast, easy data gathering and shaping capabilities. Get & Transform allows users to connect, combine, and refine data sources to meet their analysis needs. Read about the new features below.
- Support for the same file extensions in Text and CSV connectors.
- ODBC and OLE DB connectors—support for Select Related Tables.
- Enhanced Folder connector—support for “Combine” from the Data Preview dialog.
- New Change Type Using Locale option in Column Type drop-down menu inside Query Editor.
- New Insert Step After option in Steps pane inside Query Editor.
These updates are available for free as part of an Office 365 subscription. Read about all these improvements in detail here.