Microsoft today announced the new mobile device management (MDM) capabilities built right in to Office 365. These new capabilities, set to roll out in the first quarter of 2015, enable you to manage Office 365 data across a diverse range of phones and tablets, including iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices. IT administrators will be able to set and manage mobile device policies, such as passcode lock and jailbreak detection; perform selective wipe of Office 365 data while leaving personal content and apps intact; prevent unauthorized users from accessing corporate email and data when a device is lost or stolen, all directly from within the Office 365 administration portal.
- Help secure and manage corporate resources—Apply security policies on devices that connect to Office 365 to ensure that Office 365 corporate email and documents are synchronized only on phones and tablets that are managed by your company.
- Apply mobile device settings—Set and manage security policies such as device level pin lock and jailbreak detection on devices to help prevent unauthorized users from accessing corporate email and data when a device is lost or stolen.
- Perform a selective wipe of Office 365 data—Remove Office 365 corporate data from a device when an employee leaves your organization, while leaving their personal data, photos and apps intact.
- Preserve Office 365 productivity experience—Unlike third-party MDM solutions that have replaced productivity apps with restrictive all-in-one apps for corporate email, calendars and documents, MDM for Office 365 is built directly into the productivity apps your employees know and love. You can set access policies to help secure company data while keeping employees productive.
- Manage policies with ease—Administer mobile device policies directly from within the Office 365 administration portal, through an easy to use interface with wizard-based set up. View reports on which devices are connected to Office 365 and identify devices that have been blocked due to non-compliance.
Learn more about Mobile Device Management for O365 here. These capabilities will be included with all Office 365 commercial subscriptions, including Business, Enterprise, EDU and Government plans.
Read more at Office 365 blog.