Back in 2017, Microsoft and SAP announced their expanded partnership that helped enterprise customers to do business innovation in the cloud. Microsoft and SAP also deployed each other’s cloud solutions internally. At SAPPHIRE NOW this week, Microsoft and SAP announced new product features, expanded AI collaboration, and more.
SAP announced its new Project Embrace and Microsoft is the first global cloud provider to join this program. Through this program, SAP will help enterprises better manage refactoring and ongoing support costs, access the latest features, and improve the performance of SAP applications by leveraging Microsoft and SAP’s unified blueprint running S/4HANA on Microsoft Azure.
- 6 TB and 12 TB VMs for SAP HANA: Azure’s Mv2 VM series will be available on May 13, offering virtual machines with up to 6TB RAM on a single VM. This is by far the largest-memory SAP HANA-certified configuration offered on any virtual machine in the public cloud.
- Largest Bare Metal Instance with Intel Optane for SAP HANA: In Q4 2019 we plan to launch the largest Intel Optane optimized bare metal instances in the cloud with our SAP HANA on Azure Large Instances, including general availability of a 4 socket, 9TB memory instance and a preview of an 8 socket, 18TB memory instance.
- Integration of Azure AI in SAP’s digital platform: SAP’s machine learning capabilities will leverage Azure’s Cognitive Services containers in preview for face recognition and text recognition.
- SAP Data Custodian on Microsoft Azure is now available: SAP Data Custodian, a SaaS offering, is now available on Microsoft Azure.
- Managed business continuity with Azure Backup for SAP HANA: Azure Backup support for SAP HANA databases is now in public preview.
- Simplified integrations with Logic Apps connector for SAP: Today, the Logic Apps connector for SAP ECC and SAP S/4HANA is generally available for all customers.
- Boosted productivity and enhanced security with Azure Active Directory and SAP Cloud Platform: Today, Standards-based integration between Azure Active Directory and SAP Cloud Platform is in preview, enabling enhanced business security and experience.