Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
In order to protect the Microsoft accounts involved in US political campaigns, political committees, campaign tech vendors, and their staff, in 2018 Microsoft introduced a service called AccountGuard which offers additional security and threat monitoring. Microsoft is now expanding AccountGuard service to 31 countries.
AccountGuard Eligible Countries
AccountGuard is now available in:
- Argentina – Español
- Australia – English
- Canada – English
- Canada – Français
- Hrvatska – Hrvatski
- Cyprus (Greek)
- Danmark – Dansk
- Eesti – Eesti
- European Union – English
- Suomi – Suomi
- France – Français
- Deutschland – Deutsch
- India – English
- Ireland – English
- Latvija – Latviešu
- Lietuva – Lietuvi?
- Malta – English
- Nederland – Nederlands
- New Zealand – English
- Polska – Polski
- Portugal – Português
- România – Român?
- Slovensko – Sloven?ina
- Slovenia – English
- España – Español
- Sverige – Svenska
- Schweiz – Deutsch
- United Kingdom – English</a
- United States – English
- Uruguay – Español
AccountGuard service offers the following:
- Best practices and security guidance specific to those in the political space.
- Access to cybersecurity webinars and workshops.
- Notification in the event of a verifiable threat or compromise by a known nation-state actor against the participant’s O365 account.
- Notification to both the organization and, where possible, the impacted individual if a registered Hotmail.com or Outlook.com account associated with the organization is verifiably threatened or compromised by a known nation-state actor.
- Recommendations to the participating organization for remediation if a compromise is confirmed.
- Enhanced identity protection features including Azure Active Directory P2 trial licenses and Yubico security keys.
- A direct line to Microsoft’s Defending Democracy Program team.
Yubico Security Key AcountGuard partnership
Microsoft is also partnering with Yubico to provide as many as 25,000 phishing-resistant hardware security keys to AccountGuard customers. As of today, all existing and new Microsoft AccountGuard customers will have access to a limited number of free YubiKeys, depending on the organization size, to be used on compatible computers and mobile devices.
Learn more about this program at Microsoft here.